When your business has limited products to advertise you have to get very creative. Obviously, it will be easy for you to "fit in" with everyone else and do the same old thing that's been done for years. Where the real profits are made is doing something progressive and original.
For example, a golf course has a pretty standard product:
- Food & drinks
Maybe a couple of events are hosted by the course, but that's about the extent of the "products" a golf course can offer. So how do golf courses separate themselves from others and gain the attention of golfers and people looking for great experiences? Growing your business won't be easy, but it's definitely do-able!
- Have a fully functioning website. For instance, are your customers able to book a tee time without calling the clubhouse? Maybe book an event or schedule a group outing?
- Use the natural beauty of your course to your advantage. Take pictures. Take lots of pictures! Post these to your Instagram and Facebook page often.
- Create events on your Facebook page. Do you have an "open to the public" golf tournament? Make an event and direct golfers to your website to register.
- Create special deals and discounts that only followers on social media have access to. This should drive more people to your social sites to get more deals!
- Last but not least, use your social media accounts! Not having an Instagram account is far better then having one that hasn't had a new post in six months.
Social isn't an easy thing to master. Sticking with it is sometimes half the battle.
Want to market your golf course better and to a new audience? Let us know!